How to proceed?
Java 2 platform (Java Runtime Environnment version 1.2 or 1.3)
is required to run Raja.
- You need the "Java Advanced Imaging" codecs to be able to
save the images computed by Raja. See:
You actually only need the jai_codec.jar file and the jai_core.jar
file from the JAI library. If you don't install the JAI, you will
still be able to compute images and display them with Raja.
However, you won't be able to save them.
- Download the latest version of
- Extract the downloaded Raja archive (e.g with GNU tar or
We assume in the following that you installed Raja in
- Modify the scripts in the raja_dir/bin subdirectory to set
the JAI_CODEC and JAI_CORE variables, according to JAI's
installation directory. If you are running Windows, you also need
to set the RAJA_HOME variable in these scripts.
Scripts to modify:
||/usr/local/raja/bin/raja and /usr/local/raja/bin/xraja
||C:\Raja\bin\raja.bat and C:\Raja\bin\xraja.bat
- Add raja_dir's bin subdirectory to your PATH variable:
Note that step (4) above is not required, but it allows you to
run the scripts without specifying the path to Raja's
For more information, look at the
README file from the